Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Why I endorse Gerard Kennedy

Choosing a candidate to support in such a wide field is hard, as many can attest to. Choosing a candidate to support when one has been a diehard supporter of someone whom isn't running is even harder.

Over the past months, I have examined the candidates, and have concluded that Gerard Kennedy is the right person for the job. Having the right mix of abilities, and demonstrated commiment to liberal values is important for a leader.

One of the test I used in evaluating potential leaders, was whether I would feel comfortable defending them of the hustings. My own personal Oakes test as it were (for you constitutional lawyers out there). Could I defend the actions of this individual in the past, and there current positions? One difficulty I had with our past leadership was defending the assemetrical federalist direction.

Many people have ditfully explained their reasons, so I won't go into specifics here. I would just encourage everyone to evaluate all the candidates with an open mind, and ask: Do I feel comfortable in the liberal party with them as leader? Am I prepared to fight for two or more elections under this leader? Does the leader have the political skill set to rebuild the party, and win the next election?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can feel happy with your choice. Mr. Kennedy was our MPP for years and he did exceptional things for our riding. His past record of public service is the best endorsment I can imagine.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

most Manley folks are with Dion.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a person that supported Manley, I also endore Gerard Kennedy.

I have to say I'd noramly vote the Tories, but for these two men, I may change my vote.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Firefox: Rediscover the Web

Firefox is Mozilla's award-winning next generation Web browser.